Monday, September 8, 2008

Ramadhan Al-Mubarak.Spend Less,Have More

Resisting overspending in this month. Sometimes I love to buy food at Pasar Ramadhan. Usually I spend more than RM 5 there. Since I'm not eating rice I end up overspending my money buying kuih-muih, roti john,kebab and the list goes on. The beverages look delicious, so many colour and different taste. Air tebu, air cincau, air tembikai....I just can not go there. Too much things that can distract me to do logical calculation plus I'm a muncher. I come with several tips and rules for me to go there. Hope it is also useful for people out there too.

1. Only bring maximum RM 5. Now, I only have Rm 5, so this is the limitation to buy food and drinks. If we bring more, the more we spend. If we bring less the less we spend.

2. Decide what you want to have before go to Pasar Ramadhan. Have a short list of what you want to have. Try to avoid go there without any list. Usually we will end up buy food that we don't really want to eat. Let's say Nasi Ayam + a drink. Then, you already have a goal here so stick to your goal but if u find Nasi Kerabu or Mee Goreng there seem more yummy than Nasi Ayam feel free to change your list but stick to one menu only ( if you have one menu) .

3. Go with friends. Tell your friends to control what you buy and tell her/him what are looking for at Pasar Ramadhan. The best part is, you can share buying kuih-muih/fruit/murtabak together. Sometimes we craving more than Nasi or Mee and usually we can't finished another dishes after we eat main menu so share buying side menu with your friends. Sharing is Caring.

4. Negotiate with the seller for the price. If you and your friends buy Nasi at the same gerai asked the seller to reduce the price. If she/he decline then no worry guys at least we have try. Have a try is much better than don't have it all (based on probability try equal to 50/50 chance, did not try 0 chance).

5. Buy food near time berbuka. At this moment all the seller wants to finished their product as soon as possible. So maybe they will give you more kuih or big portion of Nasi and Mee.

Enjoy your time at Pasar Ramadhan. Selamat Berbuka.

No comments: